Running a business is no easy feat, especially when faced with the challenge of relocating while maintaining day-to-day operations. Moving into new business premises can quickly become a complex and overwhelming task, requiring meticulous planning and execution to ensure a smooth transition. At LadyKing’s, we understand the countless considerations and tasks involved in this process, aiming to provide guidance and support to business owners and managers.
A few months down the line, you can breathe. Everything is in place, and you are ticking along nicely until your worst fear happens………… You have a break-in, and your insurance is questioning if they will pay out or not; on top of all that, your entire client data information has gone.
So the questions to ask are:
- Did you work with a Commercial Insurance Company/Broker that not only had knowledge of you and your business but also your new premises?
- Does your Insurance company work with a locksmith that will come and spend the time and discuss all your individual needs to ensure your compliance both with insurance needs & current regulations?
- Did you fully understand your policy compliance for every aspect of the building?
- Is the security of your business a for-thought or afterthought when you’re picking up the pieces?
One final thing to consider on any key exchange with new premises, a break in or even when staff move on is,
- Are you the only key holder?
- Do you even know exactly WHO has keys to your premises?
So are you protecting your business as if it’s your most valuable asset, the people, the property, and its information?
Is security top of YOUR list when moving premises?